Effie Worldwide announces the appointment of 11 new members of the Effie Worldwide board of directors. The new board members join Effie leadership in spotlighting marketing ideas that work and bring its audiences relevant insights through effective marketing strategy, by collaborating with organizations worldwide.
The newly-appointed chairperson of the board is Vineet Mehra, chief growth & customer experience officer at Good Eggs. In his role, Mehra oversees Effie’s commitment to driving its educational mission and champion marketing effectiveness.
“The role of marketers is to drive growth for our brands and businesses, and its purpose has only intensified over the past year. Effie Worldwide’s Board understands this because they live it every day,” says Traci Alford, global CEO of Effie Worldwide. “The Effie Board represents the industry we serve and is committed to giving back through Effie’s mission to champion effective marketing and develop talent through our effectiveness framework. I am proud to welcome our newest directors and look forward to working with them to continue to evolve the standard of excellence in marketing and celebrate the dynamic nature of effectiveness around the world. I am excited for what’s ahead for Effie under their partnership and leadership.”
Mehra adds, “Effie has always been committed to fostering an industry-wide culture of marketing effectiveness. This appointment of some of the best, brightest, and most progressive leaders and practitioners in our industry to Effie’s Worldwide board of directors further solidifies our position as the global leader in recognizing, rewarding, and developing the most effective practitioners of marketing from around the world.”
Joining the pool of new board members are Khartoon Weiss, head of global agency and accounts of Tiktok, and Rodney Williams, president & CEO of Belvedere Vodka. With this recent announcement, Effie manifests push for change by driving diversity and inclusion.
“The kind of work I want to be doing,” said Weiss. “Thank you, Effie Worldwide. Here to serve.”
The incoming and recent additions to Effie Worldwide’s board of directors include:
- Manolo Arroyo, global CMO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Andrea Brimmer, chief marketing & public relations officer, Ally Financial
- Frederique “Freddie” Covington Corbett, SVP of global brand strategy & planning, Visa
- Anda Gansca, co-founder & CEO, Knotch
- Michael Houston, worldwide CEO, Grey Group
- Michelle Klein, VP, global customer marketing, Facebook
- Kim Larson, global managing director, client & agency services, Google
- Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital
- Mark Sinnock, group chief strategy officer, Europe & UK, Havas
- Khartoon Weiss, head of global agency & accounts, TikTok
- Rodney Williams, president & CEO, Belvedere Vodka